CIDP, Centre International de Développement Pharmaceutique located in Mauritius is a private research and development organization with over 12 years of expertise which specializes in providing contract services to leading cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies.
In view of the company’s exponential growth, we are looking for suitably qualified, dynamic and talented candidates, to join our team in the following position: Chief Operating Officer – Scientific formulator.
- Designing and implementing of research and development projects necessary for the galenic formulation of pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
- Setting up manufacturing processes in compliance with international regulations (including Good Manufacturing Practice) and health and safety rules while respecting the timeframe and cost.
- Create a Research & Development plan based on the specifications of assigned projects (define the different steps of pre-formulation,formulation, process development and industrial transfer).
- Conduct Research to find galenic formulas (cosmetic & pharmaceutical) while taking into consideration the constraints of the project
- Develop protocols, plan and organize the different steps of galenic formulation assays
- Coordinate and monitor manufacturing of batches for clinical, toxicological and stability studies.
- Manage the supply of consumables and raw materials and ensure their proper validation.
- Check the consistency of the formulation results with the expected specifications.
- Provide regular reports and contribute to the compilation of major activities and relevant indicators of the department.
- Contribute to the definition, enforcement and monitoring of batch production and health and safety procedures and internal rules.
- Presentation of results, writing of reports and publications based on the results of the galenic formulation assays.
- Coordination of activities with other departments such as research and development, production, quality control, quality assurance, marketing, maintenance, etc.
- Management of the team (recruitment, training and performance evaluation)
- Knowledge of Cosmetic and/or Pharmaceutical Formulation: properties of active ingredients, excipients properties and dosage forms.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes of different dosage forms.
- Strong expertise of cosmetic and/or pharmaceutical European legislation, constraints with regards to quality, especially the good manufacturing practice or ISO 22716 standards.
Training and qualifications
- Galenic Formulator, engineer-chemist or pharmacist
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical ,dermatology or cosmetic industry
- Knowledge of different dosage forms and manufacturing processes (tablets, capsules, emulsions, creams, suspensions, gels, liquids, nanoparticles, and encapsulation)
- Rigorous with a strong sense for management and innovation. Willing to take on challenges and view expatriation as an opportunity for career growth.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and / or ISO 22716
- Fluent in both English and French
If you are ready to take up the challenge then join us on this unique journey by submitting your application, mentioning the appropriate reference , together with your detailed CV and copies of your qualifications to:
Human Resources Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org +230 401 26 00
For more information about our company: