Mechanical Properties of the Nail on Human evaluation by Courage + Khazaka
21 November 2017
Nail StrainStress Meter NM 100 enables the assessment of the Mechanical Properties of the Nail
For the first time objective, highly accurate measurements on the nail are possible.
The device features a high precision load cell which measures constantly the force needed for the deflection of the nails.
A curve (force deflection diagram) of the measurement is displayed in real time. Its slope is different depending on interesting mechanical properties of the nail, such as elasticity, firmness and thickness of the nail.
This allows a large field of efficacy testing of all kind of nail care products and formulations. The device can help to create new product and marketing ideas.
Advantages of the Nail StrainStress Meter
- Unique device to assess nail characteristics.
- Very easy handling of hardware and the well-organized, convenient software.
- Several safety and comfort features.
- Different, easy to exchange applicators give a number of interesting parameters.
- A variety of settings (pressure force, down step size of the applicator, measurement time, etc.) can be set, in order to meet your individual application.
- Ghost image of T0 as an overlay to aid perfect positioning for optimal reproducibility.
- Quality measures of the curves (R² and deviation) in order to see immediately how good the measurement has been taken.
- Study based simple and quick evaluation of the results in statistical programs possible