Zoom#3: testing trends, sagging and slimming evaluation by skinobs
30 March 2017
Please find enclosed our 3rd Newsletter: ZOOM#3, special edition for in-cosmetics – London
Yippee! For over 1 year now, Skinobs provides methods and testing information to cosmeticians.
Our vision is to continue to offer you loyal services to make claims easier to substantiate and help you to choose, day-to-day, the methods and CRO’s suppliers. You will find the news on human “tolerance” testing section, useful information about skin volume measurements and all of our partner’s news in instrumentation and testing facilities. Moreover, slimming being one eternal topic for testing managers, we will synthetize the present biometrological approaches.
Anne Charpentier, CEO
FACE VOLUME: BETWEEN AGING AND SAGGING
Throughout life, the biological and biochemical skin processes are influenced by multiple factors that are grouped together under the term exposome. These factors can be genetic, hormonal, muscular, psychological or climate and accompany irrecoverably the aging of the skin. The more visible aging one is the sagging phenomena which impacts the face appearance. With the aging the face can lose 30% of its initial volume with the decrease of the skin thickness and the volume change of the lipids tissues, the muscles and even the bones structure.
What methods exist today to assess the performance of face sagging cosmetics?
The claims are linked with several face parts that are impacted: undereye puffiness, cheekbones, hollow of the cheeks, cheeks, nasolabial fold, chin or oval of the face. The list of the claims is wide: anti-sagging, anti-puffiness, decongestant, lifting, oval face, remodeling, pulping, resculpting…
The devices can evaluate the cosmetics activity on the face morphology and more precisely the dermal-epidermal junction flattening, the epidermis anchoring with the dermis, the dermal matrix, the decrease and descent of the subcutaneous lipidic tissue and the oval.
Several devices can be involved in the skin sagging objectivation:
- face morphology: Photo bench, Vectra, Olé imager coupled with image analysis
- face volume: Fringe projection with Primos, AEVA-HE, Dermatop-HE skin structure: Ultrasound scanner, Dermascan, Dermcup
- molecular level: VivaScope®, Vivosight, MPTFlex, LabRam
With the advent of digital age, new skin cares will emerge. The «text neck», the wrinkle caused by the position of the head to the bottom, will have to be taken into account!
We deeply thank our numerous partners for their attentive support, their active collaboration and their great confidence since the Skinobs launch. From France to India, from small to huge group and from classical approach to innovative one. We are really glad to share this success with you!
We will have a focus of the last news of our partners : BIOPHYDERM, CERCO, C.L.A.I.M.S, C.L.R-LLC, DERMSCAN, ELLEAD, EOTECH, EUROFINS, IDEA GROUP, I.E.C, MAVIG, LIPOTYPE, SPINCONTROL, ZURKO RESEARCH.
- The AEVA-HE by Eotech evaluates the slimming and remodeling effects
- New analyses of Skin Diag volumes by ‘creative biometric’
- IEC launches its new App dedicated to cosmetic evaluation, IEC ConnecTED!
- Zurko Research has new premises for skin expertise
- Biophyderm coupled clinical studies Biophyderm coupled clinical studies and acceptability questionnaire
- Idea Clinic evaluates the thermoregulatory effect
- Cerco is studying volumes
- Spincontrol helps promote healthy skin
- VivaScopes®, a “window into the skin”
- The largest skin lipidomics study for personalized cosmetics
- Dermscan looks into photoaging
- C.L.A.I.M.S, an ISO certified expert for safety and efficacy evaluation
- CRL-LLC certified Good Clinical Practice
- Eurofins reinvents clinical assessment of make-up cosmetics
- Ellead offers one-stop solution for Asian clinical testing
FREE CONNECTION: SKINOBS DATABASE
You must be logged in to post a comment.