C+K, almost years of testing devices development
19 May 2015
Founded in 1986, by Mr. Wilfried Courage and Prof. hc. Gabriel Khazaka, Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH introduced the first scientific measurement tools to objectively quantify parameters in vivo on the skin. Until today we have always been the world market leader in this field. Nobody else offers such a complete range of measurement parameters. Even after almost 30 years, we are constantly developping new parameters for skin & hair.
In general C+K offers two ranges of products, the scientific skin testing systems and the instruments to determine the skin type by measurements and then recommend treatment and products.
Use in the scientific field:
The devices have become the worldwide standard
• in the R&D departments of cosmetic/pharmaceutical/raw material companies
• in independent testing laboratories undertaking efficacy testing and claim support.
• Due to their user friendliness and reasonable prices the instruments are not only used by large international companies but also by smaller and medium sized cosmetic companies to test their products at each stage of the development.
• In dermatological fundamental research
• occupational health has found that besides the tests of other body organs and functions (e.g. lung, ears, eyes, etc.) measuring the skin is a useful way of predicting where the skin is at risk and thus preventing skin disease among workers and has also an educational effect (to show the necessity of using skin care and protection products).
Of course this is only a selection of the user groups. There are many others interested in the skin (e.g. food industry, textile industry) etc. Even in space currently skin physiological tests are performed with the C+K devices on the second ISS mission.
Hundreds of scientific studies performed with the C+K equipment are available.
Advantages of the C+K Skin Measurement Systems:
• The C+K devices are used by the leading scientists worldwide as standard equipment.
• C+K offers a very complete range of measurement parameters.
• All parameters can be measured in vivo, some measurement methods can also be used in vitro.
• The devices are all easy to handle, with a quick measurement time and very economical.
• They are modular and can thus be easily adapted to meet your exact needs.
• The accuracy can be checked using easy check calibration sets for each probe.
• Convenient software allows transfer of all measurement data into data analysis for individual evaluations.
• C+K is constantly developping new measurement methods which can be connected to your existing systems (MPA). We work in close relation with acknowledged scientists all over the world to investigate the need on the market and to get fresh ideas.
• C+K always offers a friendly and quick service. We serve our customers through a global network of reliable distributors.