The slimming and anti-dimpling effects of the products can be assessed in a relevant way through consumer tests.
They offer tailor-made protocols according to their clients’ objectives. A self-assessment by the volunteers can be coupled with a visual evaluation of the dimples by their study managers (specific scale with photos).
Hemi body studies may allow a comparative study of two formulas or two methods of application.
Here is the protocol of a study They recently carried out on a slimming treatment.
60 women participated in this study over 56 days.
- All volunteers with BMI between 22 and 25.
- Volunteers aged 20 to 60
- Habitual users of such products Women prone to cellulite problems and dimpling and looking for an anti-cellulite/slimming result.
The volunteers used a slimming treatment according to an explained massage protocol, for 56 days, morning and evening, without and with hemi body accessory (right/left randomization).
The volunteers came to the center at T0, T28 and T56 days for
- An evaluation of the intensity of the dimples on each thigh was carried out by their researcher thanks to a visual scale at these three study times.
- Photos were taken of the same area at the three study times.
- An assessment of the intensity of the pinching pain on each thigh was carried out in self-assessment by the volunteers at the three study times.
- Self-assessment questionnaires were completed all three study stages by the volunteers.
The main results of the study showed that:
- The application and the texture of the product is an important aspect for women (sticky, greasy, penetration and felt during massage, the product must blend into the skin).
- The notion of perfume is not essential, but they expect a pleasant scent that they want to enjoy if possible.
- The recommended 10-minute massage protocol, although restrictive, allows women to rediscover their skin and see it change more significantly as they go along.
- Women are delighted to use a product with an accessory because they feel that it makes the circulation work more and the massage is more effective than with the hands.
- The effectiveness of the slimming treatment on the anti-dimpling effect is significant over 56 days of study (more than 80% of favorable opinions), with or without accessory. The use of the accessory increased the effectiveness in self-assessment (+10%).
- The accessory group noticed a significant result on firmness (89%) and smoother skin appearance (92%).
- The accessory-free group rated immediate skin softness (88%) and over time (95%) as well as smoother skin (89%).
Discover Syres profile and their testing services on the Clinical Platform
Read the entire FOCUS#6 on Slimming here
Severine Freyssinet – Director of Analysis – SYRES
TEL: +65 9677 6179