Follicle to Fiber: Principle to Practice
This 2-day intensive workshop taught by international recognized experts provides an in-depth overview about the fundamentals and current concepts of hair and scalp biology, structure and function. The focus of the course will be to provide the scientific principles and basics as they relate to the hair care industry in a concise yet comprehensive way. Practical demonstrations at the end of the workshop will complement the lectures and further the understanding of hair and scalp biology as well as investigative techniques that are utilized to evaluate hair product efficacy.
- Hair biology basics including hair formation, pigmentation and the hair cycle
- Hair Aging: Stem cells, greying, hair loss, fibre changes and consumer and market trends
- Clinical and experimental methods and latest treatments
- Biophysical properties of hair and implications for consumer habits
- Fibre Modification; Origins and modification of hair shape and the impact of home use devices
- Practical demonstrations in the proDERM Hair Clinic and Laboratory
Who Should attend
Individuals in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry with an interest in hair and scalp biology working in
- Product development
- Hair research
- Claims substantiation
Strictly limited to max. of 35 attendees.
All presentations will be in English